Z-Temp Products > Materials Compatibility

ColorFab Copperfill printed with great success

(1/2) > >>

brett:
I'm very happy with the result, for me the print came out perfect with the acceptable string at the top. The model weighs about 3 times as much as a regular ABS print (last seconds of the video) because of the heavy copper dust in the filament. With that added weight, a spool of 750g does not contain that many meters of filament. It is quite expensive but depending on the model it will be worth it.

Printed
- at 230deg (higher than recommended 220 but with fans it won't flow with a lower temp)
- at 90micron layer height
- with low support
- sliced in Z-Suite
- added 1000 micron more retraction with raftaway to eliminate stringing

I made a time laps of the printing

https://youtu.be/c6C9hFhxa1Q

Julia Truchsess:
Nicely done, thanks for sharing!

nrobb:
Hi brett. Did you use the PTFE ZT-HE, or the all metal one. the Color fab website suggests using an all metal extruder due to the friction of the filament. Although the Z-Temp site says the all metal hot end won't work with PLA? Thanks

Julia Truchsess:
I don't think colorFabb PLA/PHA will print with an all-metal extruder on the Zortrax, unless maybe you go raftless and slow everything down a lot. Are you sure the colorFabb website recommendation isn't for a steel nozzle vs brass?

nrobb:
Hi Julia,  Colorfab site says

"*Testing showed reliable results using the all metal hot-ends, such as the E3D and the Makerbot Replicator 2 hotend. Hotends which use a teflon isolator coupler can generate adhesion to the copper filament possibly leading to clogs and is there for not recommended for novice users yet."

I understand about the steel vs brass nozzle, I was going to look at alternative nozzles to fit your hot end, but would like to get the most suitable hot end

Thanks

Nigel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version