Author Topic: Raft Removal and Retraction Adjustment Software Utility!  (Read 15349 times)

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Raft Removal and Retraction Adjustment Software Utility!
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »
We are pleased to announce the availability of "RaftAway", a Java application that allows true raftless printing and also lets you add  retraction in zcode files. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.z-temp.co/Downloads/RaftAway%201.0.6.zip

We've seen dramatic reductions in stringing by simply adding 500 - 1000 microns of retraction.

You need to have Java installed on the host machine. After launching the jar file, first set the options - raft removal or not, and amount of additional retraction - then drag a z-code file onto its window. The modified file will be written to the source file's directory, and its filename will indicate what was done to it.

Note that in the photo below showing raftless printing, I'm printing on a sheet of glass clipped on top of the perfboard, not directly on the perfboard. For raftless printing on surfaces other than the Zortrax perfboard, you will of course need Z-Sense for bed height sensing.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:29:44 PM by Julia Truchsess »
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

MikeHenry

• View Profile
Re: Raft Removal and Retraction Adjustment Software Utility!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »
What filaments can be printed raftless with Raft-away and Z-Sense?

I'm excited to try it out but one of my fans failed and the new one won't be delivered until Sunday.

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
So far I've done Meltink PLA, ProtoPasta Carbon-Fiber PLA, and 3dFuel Wound-Up Coffee. I don't see any reason that any PLA-based material won't work. I mean, people print raftless with other printers all the time, even ABS. The only problems I've had are with parts that have little surface area in contact with the bed.
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

MikeHenry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:41:04 PM »
Thanks - printing raftless is starting to sound pretty good to me and Amazon just delivered the fans I need to get my M200 back up and running.

paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 11:37:27 AM »
just discovered latest version of Zsuite 1.8.0 allows control of viewing the raft and other bits
 seperatlely but still no control to turn it off. i got a little excited but it was a damp squid

paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 02:14:51 PM »
Been trying out the raftaway java software over the past day or so. its beautiful!

i had to do some delicate polymax prints and its super duper. Without this combined with the z temp it would be near impossible.

ive found if i use two layers of kapton tape, leave the central conductive square on the bed open and use the standard shim it works well.

for this job im using 75% speed and 200% on the first layer.

mandatjew

• View Profile
    • Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Women
Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Women
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2024, 03:06:07 AM »
Experience carefree connections with the top-rated site for casual dating adventures.
Verified Damsels
Optimal Сasual Dating