Author Topic: Z-Sense Now Shipping!  (Read 10979 times)

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Z-Sense Now Shipping!
« on: August 17, 2016, 09:57:21 PM »
We started shipping the Z-Sense bed height control today, woohoo!

Installation and use instructions have been posted at

http://www.z-temp.co/support/z-sense-bed-height-control.html

"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

Padraicsdad

• View Profile
Re: Z-Sense Now Shipping!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »
Wow! My Z-Sense came in the mail a short time ago and my printer is already running.

After a 5 minute install (I really mean 5 minutes, not one of those jobs where two hours later I'm still working and the family is still learning new words) the initial calibration took at most another minute. After using a thin (.08mm/.003") paper shim to set the nozzle height for ABS, I selected a part file and said print. My M200 did its usual nozzle height routine and started printing exactly as always. Next I'll try the "one turn clockwise" thing and print PLA but even if I had to re-cal with the nozzle on a .5mm shim that's a dead-easy 30 sec job.

For anyone who wonders, if it ever became necessary to remove Z-Sense it would take about 2 minutes (3 screws) and then the machine would appear dead stock.

Your designs are well thought out, simple and elegant, which is not always easy. Thanks again, Julia.

Jeff

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 05:23:41 PM »
Thanks, Jeff, you made my day :)
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

jwilfong

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 12:47:03 AM »
I absolutely love my Z-Sense. I use BuildTak on the bed. Now I don't have the hot-end burning through it to make connections and my rafts are now properly made. It has made the Zortrax a pleasure to use again. I have all the z-temp products and have just ordered the Z-Mon. Can't wait! Now if you can just replace the last connector on the bed with something easier to disconnect like a magnetic connection...

John