Author Topic: Replacing a Zortrax Extruder Motor  (Read 2255 times)

FoRo

• View Profile
Replacing a Zortrax Extruder Motor
« on: August 22, 2022, 09:07:28 AM »
Hello All,

My Zortrax Extruder Motor is not working, (kind of) is there a generic brand of motor I can replace it with or it has to be Zortrax brand?

Funny thing is that it's not working when I connect it to Extruder PCB but when I disconnected my Z axis motor and connected it it works fine.

Are they special kind of motors specifically designed for extruding materials?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:12:32 PM by FoRo »

Odie

• View Profile
Re: Replacing a Zortrax Extruder Motor
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 09:10:10 PM »
The extruder motor is likely just a typical NEMA 17 stepper motor. There are plenty of listings on Amazon that are meant to be used for 3d printing. You might want to read up on them a bit before trying one though.

FoRo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 01:45:20 PM »
I've actually found one at work and tested it out, both motors work fine when i switch them over but both also do not work with Extruder PCB board when I wire them in.
Printer is not complaining about the cable anymore, heats up the element with no issues, both fans work fine, calibration works as well, did all the tests on in the Maintenance menu and everything is working perfectly. So this leaves me with absolutely no idea what else to try in order to make the motor work.

Tested the all pins on PCB board and they all pass through current, maybe something is wrong with the PCB board it self?

Odie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 03:05:39 AM »
Did you test out all the pins on the cable adapter you made? Just to be reasonably confident that all the proper signals are being passed along?

FoRo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 10:05:24 PM »
Yes I did, I've noticed that some pins are kind of connected 5-6-7 i think.

Got a new motor, and it also does not work. ehh. Some one online suggested to take parts from Duplicator 6 since it's pretty much identical for M200. The motor was like 8$ in total 40$ including shipping.
https://wanhao.store/products/d6-34-z-axis-motor-extruder-motor

I know it says Z axis but also says extruder motor. i took a leap of faith, no big deal. It kind of twitchy on Z axis motor as well LOL

Here are the markings on it.

Moons' Stepping Motor
Type C17HD40102-05N
61406203  20/12/19

Oddie, or Julia, need your help desperately, it seems that you are the only people left out there who can truly help with M200 printers :)
Any possibility to do a zoom call?

I've been trying but looks like even my IT skills are a bit Kurva with this printer lol

FoRo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 03:25:03 PM »
Well, got the motor shipped to me, and it's not working either. I'm thinking maaaaybe it's the PCB board that is not working, ordered one a replica from Aliexpress, but it will take months for it to get shipped here. swapped the motor with my Z axis on the printer and it does kind of work but not fully, maybe they use a different pin set. need to play around with the connectors as well. contacted Zortrax support group on FB, waiting for someone to actually give me a call so we can discuss the issues with the printer, which is nice, but then again I hope it will happen since their support is a bit off and they take a while to get back to you. I do hope they can find the ribbon cable somewhere that they can ship to me alongside with a motor and the CPB board, Hope it's not going to cost me a fortune, otherwise I would probably give up on this printer since it's giving me so many issues.

ivanmt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 01:44:00 PM »
Any updates? Have you found a generic motor to replace M200s extruder motor?

nowdatejew

• View Profile
    • Finest Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels
Premier Сasual Dating - Authentic Maidens
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 08:51:53 AM »
Elevate your dating game with the top site for hassle-free connections.
Actual Girls
Unsurpassed Сasual Dating

nowdatejew

• View Profile
    • Finest Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels
Outstanding Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2024, 09:15:02 AM »
Discover the ultimate in relaxed romance with the best casual dating platform!
Verified Ladies
Premier Сasual Dating