Author Topic: Material change with ZT-HE  (Read 8498 times)

Max

• View Profile
Material change with ZT-HE
« on: October 05, 2019, 10:42:41 AM »
Hi

I Have a standard M200 and I have a lot of trouble printing PLA.
It is actually according to instructions from Zortrax that you need a separate hotend when changing material between ABS/ULTRAT/.... and PLA.
I want to make my printer able to print without worries what material I was using yesterday and that brings me to the question.
Can I shift between the materials PLA ABS ULTRAT HIPS.... with the same hotend (ZT-HE) installed and without any clicking and irritations.

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Material change with ZT-HE
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:39:17 PM »
Hi Max,

The standard ZT-HE has a PTFE insert, which is part of what makes it work well with PLA. PTFE starts to breakdown above 240C, however, so it's not great for Z-ABS, which runs around 275C. A lot of third-part ABS, however, runs at 230C, so that would be OK with the PTFE ZT-HE. If you want to run materials that need temps above 240C then the PTFE version is not a good choice and the all-metal version would be preferred.

So the short answer is, no, ZT-HE is not a universal solution for all materials, sorry. I can, however, swap hot ends on the M200 in less than a minute :)
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

DanielFaurb

• View Profile
Premier Сasual Dating - Actual Women.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 04:44:18 AM »
¿Cuál es la verdadera intención detrás de los perfiles de mujeres reales en el sitio web Premier Сasual Dating? ¿Se trata realmente de citas casuales o hay otros motivos ocultos detrás de esta plataforma?