Author Topic: Help! I'm new to the ZT-HE  (Read 9407 times)

jmacyoung

• View Profile
Help! I'm new to the ZT-HE
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »
I am attempting to successfully install my new ZT-HE on my M200. I've followed the directions to the best of my ability, I've cleaned the apparatus of any residual PLA.

When I load material into the ZT-HE, it appears to be feeding it through fine but then I get the clicking noise and zero extrusion. Would this indicate improper installation? Or would something else potentially be causing me problems.

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help! I'm new to the ZT-HE
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
If you're trying to print PLA, you need the PTFE version of ZT-HE; are you sure that's what you have? The all-metal (non-PTFE) version has a groove around the feed tube just above the block, that's the only way to tell them apart without disassembling it.
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

jmacyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »
Hi Julia,

Here's what I ordered from you. I think it might not be the hot end but rather the motor. I'm going to order a replacement motor to see if that solves the issue.

ZT-HE Hot End
SKU: #ZT-HE

Feed Tube: PTFE insert, standard for ≤ 250º (all materials)
2 × $99.00

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 08:53:59 PM »
Hopefully that's what we shipped you :) If it doesn't have the groove and it came with a spare piece of PTFE, then it's the right one!

It's unlikely to be the motor. An often-overlooked cause of clicking and other extruder problems is the screw that acts as a bushing for the ball bearing pressure wheel. Over time, the threads on the screw wear down and then the bearing sits cockeyed on the screw and causes grief. Also, the bearing itself can wear out - it's 7mm OD, 3mm ID, 3mm wide.

Julia
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

jmacyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
Thank you Julia, I'll give it a try. I ordered a replacement motor after breaking the previous one while trying to do maintenance so I am out of commission for a few day. Will reattempt the ZT-HE when it arrives, I'm quite excited to give it a whirl. Printing with PLA using the Zortrax hardware is a drag and I have very large architectual builds that I am dealing with.

mandatjew

• View Profile
    • Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Women
Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 08:50:22 AM »
Casual dating at its finest – join the leading platform for relaxed and fun encounters!
Real Women
Super Сasual Dating