Author Topic: Dual fan replacement - wire connector type?  (Read 6712 times)

zen17h

• View Profile
Dual fan replacement - wire connector type?
« on: October 06, 2016, 04:09:07 AM »
I want to do a dual fan replacement from the stock single fan, however I want to try and keep everything undo-able and able to change the printer back to complete stock if necessary to send it back to my official Zortrax partner for repairs/replacements.

To do this, I want to keep the stock single fan AND wiring untouched(but remove it completely), then want to put in two other fans of the same size and dual blower, cut their wires and link them together. That way the only permanent change made to the printer is that I have to cut the shrink tubing holding the wires, which can easily be replaced.

An issue with this however, is that I need another connector for the new fans to the control board(The fans have a similar one, but smaller), and have no idea even what they are called to find a replacement, printing them myself doesn't seem like it would work all that well since some parts are extremely thin and there would still need to be some caps/metal parts that I can't really make

I am looking for the two-pin type connectors that connect the fan cable to the control board, but can't seem to find anything that looks exactly the same (Some molex wire-to-board type connectors look similar, but still vastly different), can anyone help in telling what they are called and possibly a source where to get connectors that would fit the printer?

Edit: Another similar connector I could find is an SIL connector, they look the same as the ones on the fans though, so probably still a bit too small

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dual fan replacement - wire connector type?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:57:43 AM »
The connectors are JST XH-series, Digi-Key sells them. Many RC hobby sites sell pre-crimped assemblies.
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr