Author Topic: perforated plate contacts  (Read 11998 times)

paulo

• View Profile
perforated plate contacts
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:19:28 AM »
hi guys

ive installed the bed heat control and afterwards i got a "check perforated plate contacts". i checked through a few forums which mentions the molex connectors. i checked these, couldnt see anything but decided to add some solder nonetheless. No effect. I orderdered a new perforated plate. no effect.

ive taken the base off and checked all connections, removed all the z temp parts but i still get the same error.

Help!

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: perforated plate contacts
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:46:24 AM »
Z-Temp switch does not involve the sensing contacts at all, it goes in parallel with the bed thermistor. Since you've replaced the plate, it's probably not up at that end. The only thing left I can think of is that you've swapped the thermistor and sensing connector at the other end, in the electronics compartment. I don't remember offhand if they're the same type of connector or how to tell them apart; I'll try to have a look later today.
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

MikeHenry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 06:35:53 PM »
My V2 M200 with V2 perf board and Z-Temp/ZT-HE failed to zero out the bed until I connected the ground wire from the old extruder to the M200 frame.  I attached it at one of the mounting screws for the extruder stepper.

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 06:39:19 PM »
My V2 M200 with V2 perf board and Z-Temp/ZT-HE failed to zero out the bed until I connected the ground wire from the old extruder to the M200 frame.  I attached it at one of the mounting screws for the extruder stepper.

Thanks, Mike. I think that's a different issue from the OP - his problem is an error message on startup, which means that the MB is not sensing the fact that the plate is there at all. This sensing is done just through the wiring to the small plate connector and a shrt bit of PCB track on the plate, it doesn't involve the extruder/nozzle.

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »
The height sensing connector is a 3-pin job, so it's not possible to confuse it with the thermistor connector :)

I'm thinking that the most likely cause of the OP's issue is a bad or broken wire or contact in that height sensor connector - maybe it got yanked around while installing the Z-Temp switch?

It's possible that the problem could be at the other end, i.e. the plug that goes into the perf plate. Some testing with an ohmmeter should be able to reveal the problem.

z-renegade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 05:02:30 AM »
I would suggest that it can be caused by the small connectors contacts or the solder pins shorted and being another issue not related to bed switch installation (probably caused by mechanical movement at that time).

I would check for the rightmost solder point of the small connector (viewing from the front) having contact to the middle and left one (being shorted).
If so that has to be fixed, check solder points (I had a shortage from a very tiny bit of solder scratched off by the spatula and staying there) and check the connectors pins.