Author Topic: Odd Extrusion Issue  (Read 10252 times)

MM200

• View Profile
Odd Extrusion Issue
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:10:22 AM »
Well, I cant for the life of me figure out whats going on. When I make 1 print, everything comes out fine. When I print more than one (in this case 5), I get what looks like over extrusion on the same side of the print no matter how it is positioned. Any ideas? I am using z temp and hot end.

Things I have tried:

3 different nozzle brands
2 different nozzle sizes
2 different brands of PLA (hatchbx and matterhackers pro) P.S. Matterhackers PLA doesnt work well at all.
2 different colors of each brand of PLA
Z-HIPS prints without any issues
Printed between 190 and 215 degrees with no heat bed (200 seems to be the sweet spot for hatchbox)
Removed the left portion of my model and did a mirror of the right side
Printed .09 and .14 with fan at 100%
Tried using the shim but the raft wouldnt stick with it

I have printed around 10-15 different versions with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pics:

luciancd

• View Profile
Re: Odd Extrusion Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 01:44:52 PM »
What about the random seam option ?

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »
Hard to tell from these photos without having any idea what the part is supposed to look like. Maybe post a screen cap of the sliced zcode? Or post the zcode so others can try the print with different filament?
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

MM200

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 06:05:17 PM »
Thanks for the responses! Hopefully his helps...

luciancd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 06:45:15 PM »
Those vertical lines seem very fragile. I would not expect them to get printed right.

Couldn't you split the model in two so that the front piece and thus the vertical lines are printed directly & paralell to the bed ?

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
Not to be a smart-aleck, but since you're getting good results one at a time and the geometry may be a difficult one to print, your best bet may be to stick to one at a time printing of this part if possible. In my experience, multiple-up prints don't save any time at all, they only make longer periods of unattended operation possible. Warping and adhesion issues tend to get worse the farther out from the center of the plate you go as well, so I like to print things one at a time when doing short runs. Production of course is a different story, when you want your robot working for you day and night :)
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr