Author Topic: TCT in uk?  (Read 6579 times)

paulo

• View Profile
TCT in uk?
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:00:26 AM »
Hi guys

are you going to the TCT show in uk per chance?

thanks
paul

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TCT in uk?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 08:46:03 PM »
I would love to be there, but commitments, alas, keep me chained to my workbench here.
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 01:47:24 PM »
shame it was probably the best show ever  ;)

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »
Glad it was good! Did you see colorFabb "Lux" nGen? It looks amazing in photos.

paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »
no sorry. there was a lot to see. of the materials i saw that haydale.com are bringing out a graphene enhanced abs. Ive been using their graphene enhance pla which is really strong and looks pretty and is easy to print. however its hard to get info out of them.

I didnt see any other materials that im into. Filamentum were there with a range of their stuff. ive been using alot of their ASA which is super tough.

Ive been looking into perhaps getting an sls machine and there were two companies with sub £5000 machines that looked pretty good but not mature enough to take a gamble.

3dgence had an amazingly sturdy and well engineered desktop printer with a really good nozzle swapping system and perfect flexible filament printing. another called http://www.felixprinters.com/ with some also amazingly good detail to their dual nozzle system.

of course there was prusa mk3 looking as diy as ever but with probably the best tech on any printer. i wish Zortrax were this innovative.

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »
I think I have some Filamentum ASA but have never gotten around to trying it. 3dgence made some news some months ago and initial response was very positive, but subsequently the people I was talking to cooled off on it considerably. Felix has been around for a relatively long time and I remember reading some positive reviews.

Here's the nGen Lux: https://learn.colorfabb.com/ngen_lux/

I'm not a big fan of nGen and it warped a lot when I tested it a couple of years ago, but the Lux surface is fabulous looking.

paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:46:55 AM »
ive used ngen a little as there are some great colours in the range. i'm getting little warpage even when i pretty much cover the bed. im running 80c bed and 230 nozzle. it prints out but because its slightly shiny it highlights imperfections.

like you ive tried a million materials. (actually probably 50+) im always looking for the best layer adhesion and finish. Ive been going through a nylon phase for a while and have had some good success with adding a tufnol sheet to the bed and using my top cover. however ive reverted back to ASA, ABS X, Polymax pla and Polymaker PC-MAX as my go to materials.