Z-Temp Products > Materials Compatibility

ColorFab Copperfill printed with great success

<< < (2/2)

Julia Truchsess:
Interesting. I think these other hot ends probably have better heat-break cooling than the Zortrax or ZT-HE. ZT-HE has a lot better isolation than the Zortrax hot ends, but it's not perfect. My experience is that colorFabb PLA/PHA tends to swell more under heat than most filaments, and this is what causes jams, but I've had good success with their xxxFill materials using ZT-HE and 0.5mm nozzles. I don't bother with steel or exotic nozzles because the brass ones have better heat conduction and they're so cheap I just toss them after printing abrasive material.

nrobb:
Thanks for that, I presume you mean the standard PTFE version of the ZT-HE

Julia Truchsess:

--- Quote from: nrobb on January 12, 2018, 06:28:29 AM ---Thanks for that, I presume you mean the standard PTFE version of the ZT-HE

--- End quote ---

Yes. I use the all-metal only for Z-ABS.

Julia Truchsess:

--- Quote from: nrobb on January 11, 2018, 05:15:08 AM ---Hi brett. Did you use the PTFE ZT-HE, or the all metal one. the Color fab website suggests using an all metal extruder due to the friction of the filament. Although the Z-Temp site says the all metal hot end won't work with PLA? Thanks

--- End quote ---

Looking closely at Brett's video, I don't see the groove that we machine into the tube in order to distinguish the all-metal from PTFE version, So I think he used the PTFE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version