Author Topic: Unload problem, filament get stuck  (Read 11928 times)

JeX2

• View Profile
Unload problem, filament get stuck
« on: June 10, 2016, 02:22:00 AM »
Hello,

I have a problem with the unload procedure. The filament get stuck in the feederwheel. It happens because at the end of the filament is a blob. So it is to big for the upper feeder hole. I can upload a picture when I am at home. I use the firmware 1.03 (240°c). I had use Z-ABS (grey) and ABS (green).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:35:45 AM by JeX2 »

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unload problem, filament get stuck
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
Yes, it can happen. Happened sometimes to me even with Zortrax hot end but it may be worse with ZT-HE due to the different melt chamber shape. I find that gently pulling on the filament during the unload will help it all come out smoothly before the plastic has a chance to cool and harden. Make sure to set Z-Temp to 0 offset before unloading ABS. The firmware starts the unload at 240º but the extruder will continue heating after.
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

Nytroxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 01:45:57 PM »
I just purchased the ZT-HE and have ran three different color prints all of which I had to disassemble the extruder motor from the carriage in order to remove the filament to change colors. Same issue as JeX2.

I have "gently" pulled on the filament while unloading and it still doesn't extract. This in my opinion is a MAJOR problem. I have never had a problem with the standard HE from Zortrax. I switched back to Zortrax HE and all the problems went away and I changed colors numerous times. Right now this ZT-HE is a 100$ paperweight sitting in its box.

Am i doing something wrong??? Is the PTFE tubing missing in the HE? If so how can I check? Can I visually see the PTFE tubing without disassembling the nozzle from the HE?

Please advise...

Julia Truchsess

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 02:01:37 PM »
Hm, it happens to me maybe one time in twenty, if that, and it happened about the same frequency with the Zortrax HE. I don't have an explanation and can't say that you're doing something wrong, only that it's not a problem for me. My M200s are v1 and v3, I don't know if they changed something in the feeder of the v4 that could affect this.

You don't mention which materials you're printing with. I assume you use 0 temperature offset when doing filament removal.

The PTFE tube is not visible without removing the nozzle. You will probably need to heat the block/nozzle in order to remove the nozzle easily; I recommend doing this with the printer's extruder heater, but you can do it with a heat gun or torch if necessary.

The photo shows the end of the PTFE tube as visible inside the stainless tube after removal of the nozzle (sorry about the messy block, this was a test unit in long service).
"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - JC Watts Jr

Nytroxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 10:40:47 AM »
I currently am not running the Z -Temp..... YET! I'm pretty happy with Zortrax's selection of materials. I mainly use their straight ABS do to cost and it suits my needs. Once the need arises for special materials I will get/install the Z-temp.

I only got the ZT-HE to try to eliminate the burning when using white ABS. So far the ZT-HE has either had no effect or has made the burning worse. Keep in mind I still need to install the double fan modification.

So tonight I will remove Nozzle tip from hot end and check for the PTFE tubing

BTW thank you for the quick response!

z-renegade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 05:36:11 AM »
I just purchased the ZT-HE and have ran three different color prints all of which I had to disassemble the extruder motor from the carriage in order to remove the filament to change colors. Same issue as JeX2.

I have "gently" pulled on the filament while unloading and it still doesn't extract. This in my opinion is a MAJOR problem. I have never had a problem with the standard HE from Zortrax. I switched back to Zortrax HE and all the problems went away and I changed colors numerous times. Right now this ZT-HE is a 100$ paperweight sitting in its box.

Am i doing something wrong??? Is the PTFE tubing missing in the HE? If so how can I check? Can I visually see the PTFE tubing without disassembling the nozzle from the HE?

Please advise...

I noticed that I have slightly more of that blobs causing some issues when unloading the filament with the ZT-HE. But I never had any issue to get it unloaded at all!
If it is not moving out anymore, use your hand and pull it out while the unload (motor) runs. Do it not gently, use some force, but not enough to tear it off.

Another thing you could try before forcing it: First do a load and then immediately an unload after that. This way you can melt the blob and unload the filament before another one is created.

FrankJScott

• View Profile
Recommended Product Info
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 04:00:27 PM »
Please try Google before asking about Updated Product Website 929b321

FrankJScott

• View Profile
Cool Product Site
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 07:14:56 PM »
Please try Google before asking about Top Product Blog d2fd292

FrankJScott

• View Profile
Updated Zlate Mince Website
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 10:03:10 PM »
To the people inquiring about zlate mince brno, stribro investice, nejlepší investice do zlata, 1 unce st?íbra, zlatá mince 1 oz, hodnota st?íbra, zlato prodej, cena st?íbra 1kg, výkup zlatých mincí praha, st?íbro online,  I highly suggest this top rated zlate mince blog or investi?ní st?íbrný slitek, ?eská mincovna pam?tní mince, 1 zlato, nejlepší investi?ní zlato, zlatý dukát karla iv, výkup zlata v praze, aktuální cena st?íbra, investice kovy, troyská unce gram?, cena st?íbra 1 oz, not to mention this best zlate mince url as well as investice do zlatých mincí, st?íbro prodej, nejvetsi zlata mince, mince ?eské národní banky, 20kc mince, mince 1oz, výro?ní mince, ceske zlato, ?nb st?íbrné mince, cena 100g zlata, not to mention this his response for zlate mince site which is also great. Also, have a look at this clicking here about zlate mince link not to mention mince olomouc, hodnota st?íbra, cena st?íbra na burze, zlato na prodej, 20 gram?, 20 korun ceskych, zlato czk, dolar zlato, zlaté slitky brno, prodej zlatých mincí ?nb, as well as this super fast reply for zlate mince info with hmotnost cihly zlata, investice zlato, prodej zlata brno, aktuální cena zlata za unci, vaha zlate cihly, slitek st?íbra, cena 1 oz zlata, pam?tní medaile cena, 1 kg st?íbra, prodat zlato,  for good measure. Check more @ Top Rated Tajir4D Site 29b3212