Z-Temp Products > Materials Compatibility

PolyMax Strings between parts

(1/4) > >>

MikeHenry:
I'm using PolyMax at -80 and 0.14mm, high speed, 100% fan, normal seam on multi-part prints and getting a lot of very fine "strings" between the parts.  Is that pretty normal for this filament.

Oh yeah - Z-Temp V1, and ZT-HE on a Zortrax M200.

Julia Truchsess:
Yes, Polymax is a stringy filament, and the ZT-HE is a stringy (low-friction) hot end. You just have to cut them off :)

MikeHenry:
Thanks, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.  The strings actually remove quite well if a hot air gun is applied to the part.  The fuzz just seems to melt away into thin air.

Julia Truchsess:
It's possible that one of the other Z-Suite profiles uses more retraction than the Z-ABS one, and might therefore have less stringing, but I stay with Z-ABS just to minimize the number of variables in my testing.

MikeHenry:
I'm also staying with ABS slicing in Z-Suite just to be consistent and minimize foul-ups at my end.  It would be nice if Zortrax released a utility to report the parameters used when a particular part Z-code was created.  As it is now, I have old parts saved and no idea what version of Z-Suite was used to create it, let alone what filament and other parameters.  Oops - starting to rant here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version