Z-Temp Products > Materials Compatibility

Colorfabb woodfill

(1/2) > >>

JeX2:
Hello,
I ordered woodfill yesterday. I had read from the colorfabb website that woodfill must print with a layerhight between 0.29 mm and 0.25mm. Have some one made experience with this filament? Can I print under 0.2mm layerhight?

Julia Truchsess:
There are (or were at one time) two flavors of WoodFill: Coarse and Fine. Coarse requires at least a 0.5mm nozzle to prevent clogs. I've used Fine successfully at 190µ layer thickness but I would normally use 290µ. 195 - 205º recommended.

JeX2:
So i made my first Tests. The results were not good. It seems that the feeder gear don't grap the filament enough. Because of that the filament don't extrude to the nozzle -> hotend was printing in the air.  But when i pushed the filerment with my fingers it extruded again. I try to replace the extruder gear with a mk8 gear. Hope it grap the filament better.

Julia Truchsess:
You have to make sure there's no tension or drag on the filament. Don't use the rear spool mount and PTFE tube - use an overhead feed and a short tube.

If it still slips you can replace the 7x3x3 ball bearing with an 8x3x3 printed "bearing". I print the bearing in Taulman PCTPE because it's soft and has low friction (at 8mm OD it might not turn very well).

JeX2:
I give up and  will sale the filament. I don't want to modify my extruder. I will give Polymaker Polywood a try. Thank you for your advice Julia!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version